Saturday 4 October 2014

Kelli's cake of trickery



I am sure you have heard of the trickery that is THE Magic Bean Cake!  What? You haven't?  
Well go and check this one or this one out.

See!


So incredibly easy, fast and OMG!! It is delicious.  My kids are in love with it and ask for it when we are going somewhere and need to take a plate.


Once people taste it they also ask for recipes, it is such a winner.

Each time I make the thermomix one I try to reduce the sugar levels, even though I have been using coconut sugar.  


Today I thought I would have a go at adapting it and make it sugar free. 


I have to say

I DONE GOOD!!!!!


This turned out incredibly well.  Moist, sweet and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

So good I have to share it with you.  

Kelli's Cake of Trickery

Ingredients

400gr tin of kidney/white beans
1c raspberries (any berries will do)
4 eggs
120gr butter (melted)
1tbs agave/honey/maple syrup 
2tbs coconut flour
3tbs raw cacao
1/2tsp bi-carb
1/2tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla essence
1/2tsp salt

Method

Turn oven onto 200c to heat.
Drain and wash your beans well.  
Blend beans with one egg until smooth.  Add remaining eggs and all other ingredients except berries.  Blend until well combined, then stir through your berries.  
Pour into either a ring tin or 20cm x 20cm cake tin.  
Bake for approximately 30-40min.   
When skewer comes out clean in centre it is cooked.
I leave in tin for about 10min then take out and cool on a tray. 

It is really nice served warm with some cream or cold as a brownie style slice.



You're welcome :)












2 comments: