Tuesday 15 July 2014

One for the vegetarians


I often say I could so easily be a vegetarian, if bacon grew on trees.   Having said that I do cook a lot of veggo meals as my daughter is vegeterian.  Yeah, my house is a bit like a bloody cafe when I am in phase 2!  Something for me, something for her and something in between for the boy child.   This meal was a late home from a meeting meal that I threw together as I was starving!

Was it good!  In the words of my wise old dad "by oath!"

Now, you have to make sure you have a container of roast sweet potato in the fridge that you cooked for said veggo daughter, who then decided she didn't want it.  nuff said.
THEN, sift through the veggie crisper for whatever takes your fancy, can be eaten or is allowed in phase 4.  I had spinach, silver beet, leek and celery to play with.  
I then sautéed the veg in loads of butter (cos I can).  Whisked two eggs with salt and pepper and poured in to the pan.  
Scramble then eat!!
You seriously can not do much better than that when in a rush for a meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment