Monday 9 June 2014

tomato and Zucchini Omelette

You have probably figured out that I like zucchini LOL   I do eat a lot of it and do like it but more so because it is so versatile.   You can grate, bake, steam so what's not to like!

This is yummy and again, I know you aren't meant to use two whole eggs but I do without a reaction.  This also works with one whole and two whites as I have done that too.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1c grated zucchini
diced small tomato
S&P

Method
grate your zucchini and then give it a good squeeze in a colander to get excess liquid out, I find this stops the omelette (or fritters) from being soggy.   Lightly fry the zucchini, tomato and seasoning in a small frypan then add whisked eggs.  I cook almost all the way through then pop under the grill to finish the top off.  You can serve with a side of free veg greens such as lettuce or spinach or just have on its own.


No comments:

Post a Comment