Sunday 29 June 2014

Phase two complete for another round and

looking at having a successful phase 4 and 5.
I feel a bit disappointed with this phase as I didn't lose nearly as much as last round.  I attribute this to not paying enough attention to phases 4&5 last round.  I think  I carried across a lot of inflammation and it really affected my losses.  Lesson learnt!

I also believe that our body's needs change each round.  Last round I couldn't tolerate fish, other than small amounts of tuna.  I ate loads of beef (which I love) but this round I found that fish was much better than beef (*sob*).  I also think tomato in large amounts affect me negatively.   I hope that by the end of my rounds I will be ok eating all of these in balanced amounts.

Over all I lost 8.6kg which is bugger.  HOWEVER, it is 8.6kg lighter than I was 6wks ago and that is good :)

Preparations for p4 this time include:

  • Reading Anna's book The HCG Protocol Companion over and over.  I cannot recommend this book enough. It has fabulous advise and tips that can mean the difference between a successful or average  round.  Particularly for phase 4
  • Make sure I keep up with drinking loads of water.  And then, drink some more!
  • Following the list for food introduction strictly.  This means I will only introduce a food every 3 days and not try to rush.
  • Not getting down.  I know I have another 2-3 rounds until I have reached leptin sensitivity. This is all part of a bigger picture of health.
  • Be thankful everyday for what I have achieved so far and enjoy my improved health. 
  • Continue sharing with others on the Changing Habits forums and the HCG facebook page.  The support, ideas and camaraderie is invaluable.
  • Slowing down and not being so impatient!!!!
For the blog we move onto a new phase as well.   I still have a couple more phase 2 recipes to share and then we will move to my phase 4 foods.   I look forward to sharing these and hope they give folk some ideas for meals.   I also want to document what foods I am introducing and whether they have an effect. I know how challenging it can be at times to be inventive on such a limited range of foods.

However, I have learnt through this journey that sometimes we alter flavours of real food so often that we forget how great they taste when we leave them alone.  We also combine food way too much and lose the individual flavours.   I am really enjoying food rather than just seeing it as a means to an end and relish the natural flavours.  I know I am putting in good raw ingredients and gaining so much from them.



3 comments:

  1. Excellent, well done. You should be so proud of yourself. But remember that as your body gets closer to it's ideal weight, losses will allow down as you have less to lose. I think you've been spoilt! 8.6kg is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Kelly, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete