Saturday 14 June 2014

Fish tacos

I am not a big fish eater, which is strange as I quite like it.  I think growing up with a dad who was a fisherman on the east coast of Tasmania has seen me become a bit of a fish snob.   I am very fussy and am hard pressed to find fish that is high enough quality for my liking LOL   However, I will drop my standards occasionally and buy some at the fish shop for our dinner,  this recipe used blue eye trevalla but you could use any white fish that is fairly firm.

Ingredients:
100gr fish
1cup celery
whole lettuce leaves
handful of spinach leaves
sliced tomato
1/2tsp chilli
1/2tsp paprika
1/2tsp cumin
1/2tsp oregano
S&P

Method:
Cut fish into strips and place in a plastic bag with the herbs and spices.  Shake gently to ensure fish is completely covered.   In a fry pan fry the fish on a hot temperature in a tiny bit of water until it turns white and will break apart easily.  Serve in lettuce cups with tomato and celery.
You could also serve with zucchini chips or any allowed veg you want really.  I like to throw a handful of spinach in most of my meals as they are so nutrient dense.





No comments:

Post a Comment