Monday 30 June 2014

Baked fish



Last phase two meal this round.  What a way to finish!! I am not a huge fish eater so really struggle trying to eat it more often.  
BUT!!! 
This was just delicious!

I had ratatouille the night before and had some leftovers. I just topped up the zucchini by making some chips for myself.  This was a great way to cook fish, especially when you are not able to use oil etc for frying.

Ingredients:
1c zucchini sliced
1/2 onion cut into thin strips
2 cloves garlic
1/2c tomato puree
S&P
1/2tsp basil and oregano
100gr white fish fillet, I used blue grenadier

Method:
Saute (in a tbs water) onion, garlic, herbs until tender then add zucchini and saute until they gain a bit of colour.  Add tomato and simmer for about 30min until zucchini is cooked and sauce has reduced.  I use my home made tomato puree that is a bit runnier than tinned tomato so I like to let it reduce quite a bit for the flavours to intensify.  Season with S&P.
In a small baking dish place your fish fillet and season with S&P again then top with ratatouille.
Place in a 200c oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish.  If the fish comes apart easily and is white in the middle rather than opaque it is done!
I found this a complete meal but you could add a salad or serve on a bed of spinach if you wanted a little more.



No comments:

Post a Comment